Moderators: Gamle-ged, currentsitguy, Boadicea

blue
Site Admin

**closed** MaskedDUer - alert

Unread post by blue »

Gamle-ged

Re: MaskedDUer - alert

Unread post by Gamle-ged »

That is in response to "They disrespected our Country while supposedly REPRESENTING it...c'mon you really are this dumb...did you ride the short bus?" So both or neither and I vote for "neither." NO...
Members who post offending personal crap toward members, either initiating or responding in a like manner, better know that the clock is running on them.
fools_gold

Unread post by fools_gold »

YES
"It is the pity of the world that we must come to wisdom from fire. Why can no man learn wisdom from another?"
D26-15

Unread post by D26-15 »

blue wrote: July 21st, 2021, 4:54 pm https://hide5politics.com/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=15

Name calling.

Yes or no
YES.
A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's liberals that need the advice.
blue
Site Admin

Unread post by blue »

I have not set aside my principles in an all-encompassing worship of an ignorant grifter

I saw the dumbass, meh, but I read the rest of the sentence... which to me, is fairly hateful.

Yes.
SatansSon666

Unread post by SatansSon666 »

No.
"Dumbass" gets thrown around all the time.
Dost thou even hoist, brother?
uncledad

Unread post by uncledad »

Expect adult language... "dumbass"... is pretty common around here.

No alert on " short bus" mockery?

No alert on https://hide5politics.com/viewtopic.php ... 81#p146581 adding to "short bus" ...

by the new voter who participated in the mockery?

I vote ...NO
blue
Site Admin

Unread post by blue »

Tied 3-3
D26-15

Unread post by D26-15 »

uncledad wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 8:58 am Expect adult language... "dumbass"... is pretty common around here.

No alert on " short bus" mockery?

No alert on https://hide5politics.com/viewtopic.php ... 81#p146581 adding to "short bus" ...

by the new voter who participated in the mockery?

I vote ...NO
I'm thinking that we're voting on name calling, not mockery. Am I right?
blue
Site Admin

Unread post by blue »

D26-15 wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 10:05 am I'm thinking that we're voting on name calling, not mockery. Am I right?
We do consider the context, but we NEED to vote on the post alerted. If someone sees another post that should be alerted, they can do that.

I've done entire threads before and asked the MP to give a vote on every bad post in a thread. There were lots of alerts, so I threw in the entire thread. If that makes sense...

In other words, I'm reading through a thread to vote on the alert. OH. Wow. There were lots of posts in there that broke the TOS. I can start new alerts on each post/poster if I want.

In order to be most fair, that is the way we have to do it. Otherwise, we're only seeing posts alerted by people that don't like each other. Not a fair/impartial alert across the board.

Start it, middle it or finish it... if you break the TOS, you break the TOS.
D26-15

Unread post by D26-15 »

blue wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 10:20 am We do consider the context, but we NEED to vote on the post alerted. If someone sees another post that should be alerted, they can do that.

I've done entire threads before and asked the MP to give a vote on every bad post in a thread. There were lots of alerts, so I threw in the entire thread. If that makes sense...

In other words, I'm reading through a thread to vote on the alert. OH. Wow. There were lots of posts in there that broke the TOS. I can start new alerts on each post/poster if I want.

In order to be most fair, that is the way we have to do it. Otherwise, we're only seeing posts alerted by people that don't like each other. Not a fair/impartial alert across the board.

Start it, middle it or finish it... if you break the TOS, you break the TOS.
Yes, my point was that we are voting on someone being called a "dumbass". If uncledad would like to alert my mocking, he should do so, there was no need to bring it up here.

For the record, I have never alerted. I'm not so thin skinned that I can't take the ribbing that comes with different opinions. And I know that without some governance things would get completely out of hand, that's why I agreed to be a Yes or No Mod.
blue
Site Admin

Unread post by blue »

D26-15 wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 11:04 am Yes, my point was that we are voting on someone being called a "dumbass". If uncledad would like to alert my mocking, he should do so, there was no need to bring it up here.

For the record, I have never alerted. I'm not so thin skinned that I can't take the ribbing that comes with different opinions. And I know that without some governance things would get completely out of hand, that's why I agreed to be a Yes or No Mod.
Ooooh. I didn't even realize that YOU were the one with the short bus comment.

The MP shouldn't be a place to air grievances or destroy the character of a poster. Just vote Yes or No, give a reason best you can based on the "rules" or your opinion. That's it.

Sometimes, we killer bees do tend to go off on tangents. But it is best to stay on task.
D26-15

Unread post by D26-15 »

blue wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 11:09 am Ooooh. I didn't even realize that YOU were the one with the short bus comment.

The MP shouldn't be a place to air grievances or destroy the character of a poster. Just vote Yes or No, give a reason best you can based on the "rules" or your opinion. That's it.

Sometimes, we killer bees do tend to go off on tangents. But it is best to stay on task.
Actually it was Gunslinger201... but I DID add to it. LOL
fenderman

Unread post by fenderman »

blue wrote: July 21st, 2021, 4:54 pm https://hide5politics.com/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=15

Name calling.

Yes or no
I am going to say yes.
Boadicea

Unread post by Boadicea »

NO

Poster is a responding to an insult with an insult. Either both are allowed or neither.
Apparently, the first amendment has a misinformation exception that the government can police. Who knew????