Kendrick Lamar tour

Moderator: eek

Docbroke

Kendrick Lamar tour

Unread post by Docbroke »

I hit the Kendrick Lamar show this week at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte. As you know, KL is a huge thing

Went with a colleague, we are both old fucks. I expected to be the oldest dudes there, I expected a very racial diverse crowd and I expected to see a very involved stage with a number of dancers and musicians on stage with KL.

We were not the oldest people there, KL reaches across all ages (we won a Pulitzer Prize). The crowd was 85% white to my surprise. The sold out crowd knew every word of every song and rapped along. The stage was KL alone with occasional choreography, no DJ, no drummer, etc. The atmosphere was electric and joyous. No pontification from KL, just a great show.

If you are thinking of going, go!
Fine Kettle Of Fish

Re: Kendrick Lamar tour

Unread post by Fine Kettle Of Fish »

Glad you had a good time, although I must confess I have no idea who that is. Which is not unusual for me these days, I'm way out of touch with pop music now.
Docbroke

Unread post by Docbroke »

Fine Kettle Of Fish wrote: August 5th, 2022, 5:23 pm Glad you had a good time, although I must confess I have no idea who that is. Which is not unusual for me these days, I'm way out of touch with pop music now.
Not pop. Rap.
Fine Kettle Of Fish

Unread post by Fine Kettle Of Fish »

Docbroke wrote: August 5th, 2022, 5:47 pmNot pop. Rap.
See what I mean? :)