I made it!

Moderators: Gamle-ged, currentsitguy, Boadicea

Boadicea

I made it!

Unread post by Boadicea »

Had surgery yesterday. I was at the hospital at 530 am and home by 130.

Very sore. I had to breakdown and take the oxycodine. Hopefully, I won’t have to take another dose.
I had four incisions and the one they pulled my stomach out of, hurts like hell.

It’s very surreal. I am able to drink water. Yesterday, I could only drink two ounces per hour. Today, still clear liquid only, but trying to work up to 64 ounces. I follow up with surgeon today.

So far, so good.
I am not the one and today is not the day.... :)
fools_gold

Re: I made it!

Unread post by fools_gold »

Good to hear it went well and you're recovering. Probably good to concentrate on one goal at a time. Please keep us up to date.

I head over to a clinic in about 20 minutes for some blood tests. Tomorrow is ultra-sound, and next week more doctor's appointments and then probably an MRI. I've got something that's been going on in my lower left abdomen for the last couple of months and they're trying to figure out what it is. I've been very successful at avoiding doctors for my 73 years, but it looks like I may get more familiar with the medical system in the near future.
"It is the pity of the world that we must come to wisdom from fire. Why can no man learn wisdom from another?"
Slayer

Unread post by Slayer »

Boadicea wrote: September 14th, 2021, 7:55 am Had surgery yesterday. I was at the hospital at 530 am and home by 130.

Very sore. I had to breakdown and take the oxycodine. Hopefully, I won’t have to take another dose.
I had four incisions and the one they pulled my stomach out of, hurts like hell.

It’s very surreal. I am able to drink water. Yesterday, I could only drink two ounces per hour. Today, still clear liquid only, but trying to work up to 64 ounces. I follow up with surgeon today.

So far, so good.
Great news! Hopefully your recovery is quick and complete.
Janet

Unread post by Janet »

Glad all went well, feel better soon!
“Our country was founded by geniuses, but it’s being run by idiots.” John Kennedy (R-LA)
blue
Site Admin

Unread post by blue »

Good news, BO!!!!!

This is so good, you're going to feel so much better.
FOIA

Unread post by FOIA »

What's wrong with oxy? It's a good painkiller. I broke some ribs last year and was very glad to have it available.
When I die don't let me vote democrat.
monsignor

Unread post by monsignor »

FOIA wrote: September 14th, 2021, 10:17 am What's wrong with oxy? It's a good painkiller. I broke some ribs last year and was very glad to have it available.
You're right; as a painkiller, it works, it's better than morphine even.

But its side effects aren't so great; for me, it was like tripping for several hours in a lurid, Goya-esqe sort of world.

I don't like being out of touch with reality, so despite that it's not quite as good, I returned to taking morphine. It's still in my medicine cabinet, but to be used only in case of dire extremity.
apres moi, le deluge
Boadicea

FOIA wrote: September 14th, 2021, 10:17 am What's wrong with oxy? It's a good painkiller. I broke some ribs last year and was very glad to have it available.
I just don’t like taking pain pills, plus, my gmother‘a doctor got her hooked on oxy and Xanax, which led to her dying.
Boadicea

fools_gold wrote: September 14th, 2021, 8:16 am Good to hear it went well and you're recovering. Probably good to concentrate on one goal at a time. Please keep us up to date.

I head over to a clinic in about 20 minutes for some blood tests. Tomorrow is ultra-sound, and next week more doctor's appointments and then probably an MRI. I've got something that's been going on in my lower left abdomen for the last couple of months and they're trying to figure out what it is. I've been very successful at avoiding doctors for my 73 years, but it looks like I may get more familiar with the medical system in the near future.
They will probably schedule you for a colonoscopy as well. Hopefully, the scan or the mri will show what’s going on.
FOIA

Unread post by FOIA »

Boadicea wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:45 am I just don’t like taking pain pills, plus, my gmother‘a doctor got her hooked on oxy and Xanax, which led to her dying.
I only take pain meds when I really need them. I still have some oxy left over from last year.
When I die don't let me vote democrat.
Boadicea

FOIA wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:49 am I only take pain meds when I really need them. I still have some oxy left over from last year.
They gave liquid oxy. It’s good stuff. Didn’t take care of all the pain, but it’s taking the edge off. I hope today is the worst day.
fools_gold

Unread post by fools_gold »

Boadicea wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:46 am They will probably schedule you for a colonoscopy as well. Hopefully, the scan or the mri will show what’s going on.
They said that would probably be done (my last one was 10 years ago.) But as of now, all the area places that do colonoscopy are postponing them until after the Delta Variant crush slows down some.
"It is the pity of the world that we must come to wisdom from fire. Why can no man learn wisdom from another?"
JudgeRoyBean

Unread post by JudgeRoyBean »

Boadicea wrote: September 14th, 2021, 11:45 am I just don’t like taking pain pills, plus, my gmother‘a doctor got her hooked on oxy and Xanax, which led to her dying.
Theres really no need to be overly scared of it. If you are concerned, break them in half and start there. You aren't going to be taking the stuff more than a couple of days. The addiction stuff is over-hyped for the most part.
Key is: you are aware of the risk, you know what you want, and there is no point in suffering if it's not necessary.
If you were going to be on them for a month, I'd just tell you to minimize usage just to be overly safe.

I'm going under in a few week for the gall bladder elimination gig and to fix a hernia under my belly button that I didn't even know about until I was being inspected recently. All supposed to be easy stuff, not as invasive as what you had done.
Anyway, you aren't going to be at risk if you are short term and aware. But like the other guy just said, some people don't like the side effects, everyone is different. It's usually better than the pain though.
And I'm glad you seem to be feeling at least well enough after that to hang out.
Good luck!
Damn near every single argument with the communist left revolves around some attempt of theirs to limit, restrict, or steal the property or freedom of free people.
Charlie Mike

Unread post by Charlie Mike »

Was there ever any doubt?
I'm not here for peace. I have no interest in it. You had your chance. You will either cease, or it will get worse.
oflguy

Unread post by oflguy »

Boadicea wrote: September 14th, 2021, 7:55 am Had surgery yesterday. I was at the hospital at 530 am and home by 130.

So far, so good.
Glad to hear it went as well as could be expected. I know you have had this on your mind for quite some time. I'm sure you are glad its over with except for the recovery.

oxycodine really screws me up. It makes me itch like nobody's business and really messes with my head.

I hope the results of the operation give you the relief you hoped for.
I will NOT shut up and sit down like they want me to