Hostage situation

oflguy

Hostage situation

Unread post by oflguy »

They bought a blender. Three weeks later, their cats continue to hold it hostage.

On Black Friday, Jessica and Nikii Gerson-Neeves bought a blender. It was a Vitamix blender, a professional-grade splurge, and the couple was looking forward to a winter of smoothies and soups.
It arrived on Dec. 16 at their home on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Jessica put the hefty box down on the floor in the kitchen, just for a second. Her 4-year-old tuxedo cat, Max, otherwise known as the “sentient soccer ball,” jumped up on the box. Jessica thought it was funny and snapped a photo.

Then Max’s 13-year-old feline siblings, George: Destroyer of Worlds (“sentient potato”) and Lando Calrissian (“the questionably sentient dust bunny,”), demanded their turn on the knee-high box.

That was three weeks ago. Since then, the cats have refused to leave the box, fighting over who gets to perch upon it and taking turns standing guard while the others eat or are busy elsewhere. The blender remains ensconced inside.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/they- ... hp&pc=U531
I will NOT shut up and sit down like they want me to
Muddling Through

Re: Hostage situation

Unread post by Muddling Through »

oflguy wrote: January 8th, 2022, 3:42 pm They bought a blender. Three weeks later, their cats continue to hold it hostage.

On Black Friday, Jessica and Nikii Gerson-Neeves bought a blender. It was a Vitamix blender, a professional-grade splurge, and the couple was looking forward to a winter of smoothies and soups.
It arrived on Dec. 16 at their home on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Jessica put the hefty box down on the floor in the kitchen, just for a second. Her 4-year-old tuxedo cat, Max, otherwise known as the “sentient soccer ball,” jumped up on the box. Jessica thought it was funny and snapped a photo.

Then Max’s 13-year-old feline siblings, George: Destroyer of Worlds (“sentient potato”) and Lando Calrissian (“the questionably sentient dust bunny,”), demanded their turn on the knee-high box.

That was three weeks ago. Since then, the cats have refused to leave the box, fighting over who gets to perch upon it and taking turns standing guard while the others eat or are busy elsewhere. The blender remains ensconced inside.

“A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Friday
Vercingetorix

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

oflguy wrote: January 8th, 2022, 3:42 pm They bought a blender. Three weeks later, their cats continue to hold it hostage.

Why not cut the side wall off the box and dig the blender out.

Done.
oflguy

Unread post by oflguy »

Vercingetorix wrote: January 13th, 2022, 10:51 am Why not cut the side wall off the box and dig the blender out.

Done.
More proof there is more than one way to skin a. . . . . . . . . cat?
Charlie Mike

Unread post by Charlie Mike »

Vercingetorix wrote: January 13th, 2022, 10:51 am Why not cut the side wall off the box and dig the blender out.

Done.
Or - and just hear me out - pick up the cat.
I'm not here for peace. I have no interest in it. You had your chance. You will either cease, or it will get worse.
Fine Kettle Of Fish

Unread post by Fine Kettle Of Fish »

Charlie Mike wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:06 pm Or - and just hear me out - pick up the cat.
Yeah I don't get that either. Cats, even when made to be airborne, tend to land without incident.
Vercingetorix

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

Charlie Mike wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:06 pm Or - and just hear me out - pick up the cat.
Agreed, I came up with the more difficult and alternate plan that protects their tender sensibilities
Gamle-ged

Unread post by Gamle-ged »

It may be time for the big guns... the upright vacuum cleaner with the 90 db motor. One click of the switch and victory is yours!...
Members who post offending personal crap toward members, either initiating or responding in a like manner... Shouldn't! “Si vis pacem, para bellum
Charlie Mike

Gamle-ged wrote: January 13th, 2022, 8:44 pm It may be time for the big guns... the upright vacuum cleaner with the 90 db motor. One click of the switch and victory is yours!...
Cats are scared of vacuum cleaners.

Vacuum cleaners are scared of Chuck Norris.
I'm not here for peace. I have no interest in it. You had your chance. You will either cease, or it will get worse.
Gamle-ged

Unread post by Gamle-ged »

Charlie Mike wrote: January 14th, 2022, 10:35 am Cats are scared of vacuum cleaners.

Vacuum cleaners are scared of Chuck Norris.
Well.. Chuck Norris, sure!

But my FIRST cat...

She'd sleep on my bed, leaving hair. At my bedtime I'd take the vacuum cleaner in and vacuum off the cat hair. Cat would vanish when the vacuum appeared. This worked.. for a few days.

After that she'd stay on the bed until I turned the vac ON. Cat would vanish. This worked.. for a few days.

After that she'd stay on the bed until I started vacuuming! Cat would vanish. This worked, etc.

Came the day when she refused to get up and go. She dared me! So I vacuumed HER! She liked it!

And so, another daily task I had to perform for Purrty was engendered. I think she may have planned it...
Members who post offending personal crap toward members, either initiating or responding in a like manner... Shouldn't! “Si vis pacem, para bellum
JudgeRoyBean

Unread post by JudgeRoyBean »

Cats have no soul.
Damn near every single argument with the communist left revolves around some attempt of theirs to limit, restrict, or steal the property or freedom of free people.
oflguy

Unread post by oflguy »

Obviously, you've never had to deal with a cat holding a blender hostage.
Charlie Mike

oflguy wrote: January 16th, 2022, 9:36 pm Obviously, you've never had to deal with a cat holding a blender hostage.
In this house, we do not negotiate with hostage takers.
oflguy

Unread post by oflguy »

Charlie Mike wrote: January 17th, 2022, 7:03 am In this house, we do not negotiate with hostage takers.
With cats, there are no negotiations.

They establish that fact early in the relationship. Your desire to negotiate, or not to negotiate, has nothing to do with it.

https://news.yahoo.com/owner-cats-holdi ... 39650.html

If a blender must be sacrificed in the name of peace, shit happens.