Global Economy Heading For "Mother Of All" Supply Chain Shocks As China Locks Down Ports

Moderators: Gamle-ged, Boadicea, uncledad

Baron

Global Economy Heading For "Mother Of All" Supply Chain Shocks As China Locks Down Ports

Unread post by Baron »

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/glo ... down-ports

Long article, and troubling as our Fed seems to be staggering into the wood chipper. We still haven't recovered from the last shipping fiasco, and now we appear to be facing another -- except, this time, it will be worse.

Regards,
Baron
uncledad

Re: Global Economy Heading For "Mother Of All" Supply Chain Shocks As China Locks Down Ports

Unread post by uncledad »

Baron wrote: January 13th, 2022, 5:00 pm Global Economy Heading For "Mother Of All" Supply Chain Shocks As China Locks Down Ports
https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/glo ... down-ports

Long article, and troubling as our Fed seems to be staggering into the wood chipper. We still haven't recovered from the last shipping fiasco, and now we appear to be facing another -- except, this time, it will be worse.

Regards,
Baron
They haven't processed what came in for a month or more that's still at sea or at anchor. One more month with a CC lock down will put the world back to where it was pre-omicron.

One step forward, two steps back.
Baron

Re: Global Economy Heading For "Mother Of All" Supply Chain Shocks As China Locks Down Ports

Unread post by Baron »

uncledad wrote: January 14th, 2022, 3:30 pm They haven't processed what came in for a month or more that's still at sea or at anchor.
UncleDad,

I know. I hear about it every weekend. My lady friend is a wholesaler/importer, mostly from China. A lot of her "Christmas merchandise" is still out there somewhere. Plus, the cost per container has more than tripled. The cost to avoid LA/LB is prohibitive.
Tough way to run a business.

Regards,
Baron