Senate Considers Requiring Women To Register for the Draft

Moderators: Gamle-ged, currentsitguy, Boadicea

Steelydamned

Senate Considers Requiring Women To Register for the Draft

Unread post by Steelydamned »

A proposal obtained by Politico would get rid of male-only language in an upcoming military service bill.

Yeah, that's a big no from me.

https://reason.com/2021/07/22/senate-co ... the-draft/
"Something profound and witty" - Famous Person Well Known for Profound Witty Quotes.
VerminHex

Re: Senate Considers Requiring Women To Register for the Draft

Unread post by VerminHex »

Steelydamned wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 1:53 pm A proposal obtained by Politico would get rid of male-only language in an upcoming military service bill.

Yeah, that's a big no from me.

https://reason.com/2021/07/22/senate-co ... the-draft/
Why? They burned their bras 50 years ago. Let them get their asses fucked up along with the men.
Steelydamned

VerminHex wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 1:55 pm Why? They burned their bras 50 years ago. Let them get their asses fucked up along with the men.
No thank you. I'm old school when it comes to this.
"Something profound and witty" - Famous Person Well Known for Profound Witty Quotes.
VerminHex

Steelydamned wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 1:58 pm No thank you. I'm old school when it comes to this.
Until the next nuclear apocalypse we're not returning to an age of chivalry. Let every woman pull her weight. They've been asking for equality. Let's give it to them. We'll strap on the prosthetic limbs and insert the glass eyes.
Steelydamned

VerminHex wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:04 pm Until the next nuclear apocalypse we're not returning to an age of chivalry. Let every woman pull her weight. They've been asking for equality. Let's give it to them. We'll strap on the prosthetic limbs and insert the glass eyes.
Women currently make up like 14% of the over 1 Million active duty military. History has proven that a volunteer military is preferable and if it ever comes down to situation requiring a draft, I doubt it would even be necessary; citizens will step up.

The last time I saw national opinions on this, Americans by and large said no.

I suspect even for all the wokeness out there and claims of "equality" the American people still just don't like the idea of conscripting our daughters for war.
fools_gold

Unread post by fools_gold »

Works for me. They want to be equal, then be equal.

Besides, it would help the population problem.
"It is the pity of the world that we must come to wisdom from fire. Why can no man learn wisdom from another?"
VerminHex

Steelydamned wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:22 pm Women currently make up like 14% of the over 1 Million active duty military. History has proven that a volunteer military is preferable and if it ever comes down to situation requiring a draft, I doubt it would even be necessary; citizens will step up.

The last time I saw national opinions on this, Americans by and large said no.

I suspect even for all the wokeness out there and claims of "equality" the American people still just don't like the idea of conscripting our daughters for war.
Why should the opinion of the American people have injunctive power over equality? They'll never be equal citizens.
Steelydamned

VerminHex wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:28 pm Why should the opinion of the American people have injunctive power over equality? They'll never be equal citizens.
It's called consent of the governed. Much like the CRT stuff that has recently bit the dust once people became aware of it, I suspect this bill will never make it either.

MOST Americans just don't like the idea of it; regardless of all the equality talk. And that, I believe, is because most Americans are more traditionally aligned than not.
VerminHex

Steelydamned wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:34 pm It's called consent of the governed. Much like the CRT stuff that has recently bit the dust once people became aware of it, I suspect this bill will never make it either.

MOST Americans just don't like the idea of it; regardless of all the equality talk. And that, I believe, is because most Americans are more traditionally aligned than not.
I don't think the "consent of the governed" concept can override constitutional equality.

"Consent" implies democratic principals. In many cases, the constitution plows democratic principals under.
VerminHex

fools_gold wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:25 pm Works for me. They want to be equal, then be equal.

Besides, it would help the population problem.
It is true. If you want to reduce a population in an open system, the number of females must be reduced.
Steelydamned

VerminHex wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:48 pm I don't think the "consent of the governed" concept can override constitutional equality.

"Consent" implies democratic principals. In many cases, the constitution plows democratic principals under.
Once again, I'm certain the America people will never stand for this and, I gotta ask: do you have daughters?

I do.

"The moral point that a country which sends its wives, mothers, sisters, and daughters into the meat grinder of combat has preemptively surrendered a vital portion of its own humanity."

I don't recall who wrote the above but, I agree with it.
VerminHex

Steelydamned wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 3:04 pm Once again, I'm certain the America people will never stand for this and, I gotta ask: do you have daughters?

I do.

"The moral point that a country which sends its wives, mothers, sisters, and daughters into the meat grinder of combat has preemptively surrendered a vital portion of its own humanity."

I don't recall who wrote the above but, I agree with it.
I don't have any kids. That's probably what allows me to view this more objectively.

I would argue that grinding up men in combat is neither more or less humane than grinding up women. Neither has more or less value than the other.
Steelydamned

VerminHex wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 3:08 pm I don't have any kids. That's probably what allows me to view this more objectively.

I would argue that grinding up men in combat is neither more or less humane than grinding up women. Neither has more or less value than the other.
Thought so.

Did you read the Reason article that started this thread? They argue for just abolishing the draft altogether; which I could also support as I believe in times of tumult, citizens will step up, including some women. We could also eliminate an entire bureaucracy dedicated to the selective service

But since THIS bill is about requiring women to sign up for selective service; I'm arguing against it as I don't feel it's necessary.
grumpy pickle

Unread post by grumpy pickle »

Women can not handle combat.

Sorry, but it's true.
Keep going.
VerminHex

Steelydamned wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 3:14 pm Thought so.

Did you read the Reason article that started this thread? They argue for just abolishing the draft altogether; which I could also support as I believe in times of tumult, citizens will step up, including some women. We could also eliminate an entire bureaucracy dedicated to the selective service

But since THIS bill is about requiring women to sign up for selective service; I'm arguing against it as I don't feel it's necessary.
I agree that we can get rid of selective service at this time. No problem. But if we're going to have it, it should across the board for able bodied adults.