All Three Finalists to Be President of The Evergreen State College Withdraw From Process

Moderators: Gamle-ged, currentsitguy, Boadicea

Muddling Through

All Three Finalists to Be President of The Evergreen State College Withdraw From Process

Unread post by Muddling Through »

Interesting development.

"A year-long process to find the next president of The Evergreen State College came to a shocking conclusion Wednesday when the college’s Board of Trustees emerged from a three-hour meeting and announced that the three finalists for the job had withdrawn their names from consideration.

Board of Trustees Chairwoman Karen Fraser said all three finalists — Michael Dumont, Catherine Kodat and Lee Lambert — withdrew following recent interviews with faculty, students, staff and alumni.

“We’re still in a state of surprise and disappointment,” she said. “This is where we are at the moment.”

The Olympian wasn’t privy to all the community interviews, but did observe a three-hour virtual gathering with alumni and others, which appeared to be a cordial exchange of questions and answers with the finalists.

The finalists were:

• Michael Dumont, a recently retired Navy vice admiral and lawyer with experience as a prosecutor and national security leader. He earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Southern Maine, a law degree from Suffolk University Law School and master’s degrees in national security studies from the U.S. Army War College and the National War College.

• Catherine Kodat, provost and dean of faculty at Lawrence University in Wisconsin, and a former journalist turned academic scholar who has served as faculty, department chair, and dean at several liberal arts colleges throughout the U.S. She earned an undergraduate degree in English at the University of Baltimore, and her graduate degrees at Boston University.

• Lee Lambert, chancellor of Tucson’s Pima Community College system, is a former president of Shoreline Community College and an Army veteran. He earned his undergraduate degree from Evergreen and a law degree from Seattle University, and went on to serve as special assistant to the president for civil rights and legal affairs at Evergreen.

Trustee Ed Zuckerman defended the process the college undertook to find a president, but also said, “We have some learning to do as a community as to why they withdrew.”

Link: https://www.chronline.com/stories/all-t ... iGFMEFqUAI
“A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Friday
Charlie Mike

Re: All Three Finalists to Be President of The Evergreen State College Withdraw From Process

Unread post by Charlie Mike »

I'm not here for peace. I have no interest in it. You had your chance. You will either cease, or it will get worse.
FOIA

Re: All Three Finalists to Be President of The Evergreen State College Withdraw From Process

Unread post by FOIA »

This isn't new. "Greeners" (nickname for Evergreen students) have been this way for decades. The only difference is that their idiocy now gets national attention.
When I die don't let me vote democrat.
SatansSon666

Unread post by SatansSon666 »

Popularity contests suck.
Dost thou even hoist, brother?
Charlie Mike

SatansSon666 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:01 pm Popularity contests suck.
Your mom
I'm not here for peace. I have no interest in it. You had your chance. You will either cease, or it will get worse.
SatansSon666

Charlie Mike wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:02 pm Your mom
Awesome lady.
Charlie Mike

SatansSon666 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:06 pm Awesome lady.
Who sucks so much she won the popularity contest.
SatansSon666

Charlie Mike wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:08 pm Who sucks so much she won the popularity contest.
My mom will always win the popularity constest to me.
We got a guy here who would happily let his mom get gassed, so it's a good variety.
lmfao
Charlie Mike

SatansSon666 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:14 pm We got a guy here who would happily let his mom get gassed, so it's a good variety.
lmfao
Whatever that means.
SatansSon666

Charlie Mike wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:20 pm Whatever that means.
It means the "your mom" joke is fucking lame as fuck.
Charlie Mike

SatansSon666 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:24 pm It means the "your mom" joke is fucking lame as fuck.
But, what if I wasn't joking? 🤔
SatansSon666

Charlie Mike wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:28 pm But, what if I wasn't joking? 🤔
It would be even more lame if you weren't.
Charlie Mike

SatansSon666 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:29 pm It would be even more lame if you weren't.
^ This, kids, is what is known as an "own goal."
SatansSon666

Charlie Mike wrote: May 8th, 2021, 10:31 pm ^ This, kids, is what is known as an "own goal."
no.
VerminHex

Unread post by VerminHex »

Muddling Through wrote: May 8th, 2021, 7:20 pm Interesting development.
Only an idiot would take that job. Whoever takes it won't last a year.