Dow-Jones & S&P hit new record highs

Moderators: Gamle-ged, currentsitguy, Boadicea

Vercingetorix

Re: Dow-Jones & S&P hit new record highs

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

Nero wrote: May 7th, 2021, 9:03 pm Just because you think its fake news doesn't make it so.
Architect's drawing of the new Apple North Carolina campus:
Hiring levels are fake news. When the US economy is going at full speed. The employee levels noted are impossible.
Nero

Unread post by Nero »

Vercingetorix wrote: May 8th, 2021, 9:04 am Hiring levels are fake news. When the US economy is going at full speed. The employee levels noted are impossible.
Others who actually do research or compile research by others disagree with you.
"CompTIA presents Cyberstates, the definitive guide to national, state, and metropolitan area tech sector and tech workforce analytics."
Cyberstates aggregates mountains of data and transforms it into easy to understand visuals and actionable insights.
KEY FINDINGS
12.4 million: Projected 2021 net tech employment in the U.S.

245,500: Projected 2021 net new tech jobs.

57: Diversity Index score of U.S. tech workforce vs. an overall U.S. workforce score of 56.

3.9 million: Number of employer job postings for tech occupation job openings during 2020; over 20% occurring in emerging tech roles or skills.

$2.0 trillion: Estimated directed economic output of the U.S. tech industry, representing 10.5% of the national economy.

2x: Median tech occupation wage is nearly double the median national wage.

585,000: Number of tech business establishments in the U.S.

+31%: Projected growth rate for cybersecurity job roles over the next decade; the fastest rate among tech occupations.
https://www.cyberstates.org/
realclearpolitics.com: Biden Job Approval: (5/18-6/10)--53.8% Approve/41.1% Disapprove
Vercingetorix

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

Nero wrote: May 8th, 2021, 1:36 pm Others who actually do research or compile research by others disagree with you.
"CompTIA presents Cyberstates, the definitive guide to national, state, and metropolitan area tech sector and tech workforce analytics."
Cyberstates aggregates mountains of data and transforms it into easy to understand visuals and actionable insights.
KEY FINDINGS
12.4 million: Projected 2021 net tech employment in the U.S.

245,500: Projected 2021 net new tech jobs.

57: Diversity Index score of U.S. tech workforce vs. an overall U.S. workforce score of 56.

3.9 million: Number of employer job postings for tech occupation job openings during 2020; over 20% occurring in emerging tech roles or skills.

$2.0 trillion: Estimated directed economic output of the U.S. tech industry, representing 10.5% of the national economy.

2x: Median tech occupation wage is nearly double the median national wage.

585,000: Number of tech business establishments in the U.S.

+31%: Projected growth rate for cybersecurity job roles over the next decade; the fastest rate among tech occupations.
https://www.cyberstates.org/
Dipshit...these people are calculating what they think hiring levels will be in the optimum. Problem is our population isn't really meeting the levels presented.

There are calculations about the medical fields from Mercer that talk about medical staffing and the responsible thing.....the deficit of hiring abilities even in low skilled support positions.
posaune

Unread post by posaune »

Nero wrote: May 7th, 2021, 5:47 pm Did you notice that too?
Um, everyone predicted this would happen well before the election. Remember the sense of economic optimism which began November 9, 2016 and lasted until March 15, 2020? Let me know when the Biden administration reaches that standard. Until then, yaaaaaaawwwnnnn...
Joe Biden job approval index 6/11/21: -12, 30% strongly approve, 42% strongly disapprove
Rasmussen Reports
posaune

Unread post by posaune »

Meanwhile unemployment is increasing and inflation is running rampant.
Joe Biden job approval index 6/11/21: -12, 30% strongly approve, 42% strongly disapprove
Rasmussen Reports
FreeWheelBurning

Unread post by FreeWheelBurning »

Nero wrote: May 7th, 2021, 8:21 pm There was no mention of political party in my post.
You are such a shill for the Dem party that your username, Nero, is synonymous with Dem mouth piece.

You will never have to mention party. It is a given with you.
Libloather

Unread post by Libloather »

GeorgeMcGowan wrote: May 7th, 2021, 5:37 pm Since November, America has had a growing sense of relief and optimism.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Drinking the bong water again?
Biden is a illegitimate pResident- Change my Mind

Get woke, go broke

Get the U.S out of the U.N
Get the U.N out of the U.S
fools_gold

Unread post by fools_gold »

And the Dow hitting new record highs again this morning.
"It is the pity of the world that we must come to wisdom from fire. Why can no man learn wisdom from another?"
Nero

Unread post by Nero »

FreeWheelBurning wrote: May 10th, 2021, 8:00 am You are such a shill for the Dem party that your username, Nero, is synonymous with Dem mouth piece.

You will never have to mention party. It is a given with you.
But this particular thread is about the stock market, not partisan politics. Both Republicans and Democrats benefit from the Dow-Jones Industrial Average hitting a new all-time high.
realclearpolitics.com: Biden Job Approval: (5/18-6/10)--53.8% Approve/41.1% Disapprove
FreeWheelBurning

Nero wrote: May 10th, 2021, 2:27 pm But this particular thread is about the stock market, not partisan politics. Both Republicans and Democrats benefit from the Dow-Jones Industrial Average hitting a new all-time high.
That does not change the truth of what I said and this thread reinforces what I stated.

We just went through 4 years with Trump and the stock market was hitting new records regularly. I don't think you created a single OP discussing those market record highs. If you did, I am sure it was not as many as you have already posted about Biden.

Like I said, you are a Dem mouthpiece as evident by the fact that you are compelled to mention record breaking days now but not while Trump was president even though as you admitted it benefits both Reps and Dems.

Based on your posting record, good news for Dems and Reps is only worth posting if a Dem is in charge.
Nero

Unread post by Nero »

FreeWheelBurning wrote: May 10th, 2021, 2:36 pm That does not change the truth of what I said and this thread reinforces what I stated.

We just went through 4 years with Trump and the stock market was hitting new records regularly. I don't think you created a single OP discussing those market record highs. If you did, I am sure it was not as many as you have already posted about Biden.

Like I said, you are a Dem mouthpiece as evident by the fact that you are compelled to mention record breaking days now but not while Trump was president even though as you admitted it benefits both Reps and Dems.

Based on your posting record, good news for Dems and Reps is only worth posting if a Dem is in charge.
Nothing you wrote changes the fact that the Dow hit a new record high last week and is hitting another all-time high today. Yes, that benefits Biden just as all time record highs benefitted President Trump.
Here's the stock market performance of every president, be they Republican or Democrat. The best ever? CALVIN COOLIDGE, REPUBLICAN!
The best ever for tech stocks (NASDAQ): DONALD J. TRUMP, REPUBLICAN.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock ... 1611161401
FreeWheelBurning

Nero wrote: May 10th, 2021, 2:54 pm Nothing you wrote changes the fact that the Dow hit a new record high last week and is hitting another all-time high today. Yes, that benefits Biden just as all time record highs benefitted President Trump.
Here's the stock market performance of every president, be they Republican or Democrat. The best ever? CALVIN COOLIDGE, REPUBLICAN!
The best ever for tech stocks (NASDAQ): DONALD J. TRUMP, REPUBLICAN.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock ... 1611161401
And...

I never said or tried to say the market did not reach a new high.

Do you always repeat yourself for no apparent reason?

You say it is good news regardless of who is in charge but apparently it is only worth posting about if it is a Dem in charge.

Unfortunately the Dow is down right now. You may have to wait another day or two to post about a record breaking day unless there is a late day rally today.