People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Moderators: Gamle-ged, Boadicea, currentsitguy

User avatar
LetItGo
Posts: 3639
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 12:57 am
Has thanked: 658 times
Been thanked: 1163 times

People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by LetItGo »

Pandemic puppy adoptions were through the roof, but now the exact opposite is happening. Animal rescues are seeing record numbers of dogs being returned.

People have spent the past year working from home, spending lots of time with their new puppies, but that is coming to an end.

“We made a lot of changes to our adoption process to prevent people from returning dogs once pandemic ended. But for the past four months, we have had an extreme number of returns. We have doubled more than what we normally do during a year. I think what is happening, the world is opening up, people are going back to work, they’re traveling. People aren’t just lonely anymore, so the dogs are not necessarily fitting into their lifestyles, and they are returning them instead of trying to make adjustments to keep their dog now that the world is opening up,” Aron Jones, executive director of Moms and Mutts Colorado Rescue said.

Moms and Mutts Colorado Rescue said people have had a change of schedule and a change of heart. “It’s awful. We watch these dogs come in the front door. Their people fill out all the paperwork and drop them off and the dog sits at the door and cries,” Jones said.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/pandemic-pu ... ming-rate/
Dr. Fauci is looking more and more like the arsonist than the fireman.
User avatar
GeorgeMcGowan
Posts: 2559
Joined: October 8th, 2020, 9:02 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by GeorgeMcGowan »

LetItGo wrote: May 6th, 2021, 11:16 pm Pandemic puppy adoptions were through the roof, but now the exact opposite is happening. Animal rescues are seeing record numbers of dogs being returned.

People have spent the past year working from home, spending lots of time with their new puppies, but that is coming to an end.

“We made a lot of changes to our adoption process to prevent people from returning dogs once pandemic ended. But for the past four months, we have had an extreme number of returns. We have doubled more than what we normally do during a year. I think what is happening, the world is opening up, people are going back to work, they’re traveling. People aren’t just lonely anymore, so the dogs are not necessarily fitting into their lifestyles, and they are returning them instead of trying to make adjustments to keep their dog now that the world is opening up,” Aron Jones, executive director of Moms and Mutts Colorado Rescue said.

Moms and Mutts Colorado Rescue said people have had a change of schedule and a change of heart. “It’s awful. We watch these dogs come in the front door. Their people fill out all the paperwork and drop them off and the dog sits at the door and cries,” Jones said.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/pandemic-pu ... ming-rate/
The one post where I agree with you.
User avatar
Mouth Of Chaos
Posts: 1558
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Has thanked: 1290 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by Mouth Of Chaos »

GeorgeMcGowan wrote: May 7th, 2021, 5:44 pm The one post where I agree with you.
Awesome. As of the 7th of May 2021, George McGowan stopped kicking puppies.
Communism = Socialism for everyone! ... but not YOU!
Fascism = Socialism for US! ...but not YOU!
The only difference is, ...YOU!
grumpy pickle
Posts: 4165
Joined: August 29th, 2020, 9:23 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Has thanked: 2605 times
Been thanked: 465 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by grumpy pickle »

Sad.
Keep going.
VerminHex
Posts: 376
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 5:04 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by VerminHex »

LetItGo wrote: May 6th, 2021, 11:16 pm Pandemic puppy adoptions were through the roof, but now the exact opposite is happening. Animal rescues are seeing record numbers of dogs being returned.

People have spent the past year working from home, spending lots of time with their new puppies, but that is coming to an end.

“We made a lot of changes to our adoption process to prevent people from returning dogs once pandemic ended. But for the past four months, we have had an extreme number of returns. We have doubled more than what we normally do during a year. I think what is happening, the world is opening up, people are going back to work, they’re traveling. People aren’t just lonely anymore, so the dogs are not necessarily fitting into their lifestyles, and they are returning them instead of trying to make adjustments to keep their dog now that the world is opening up,” Aron Jones, executive director of Moms and Mutts Colorado Rescue said.

Moms and Mutts Colorado Rescue said people have had a change of schedule and a change of heart. “It’s awful. We watch these dogs come in the front door. Their people fill out all the paperwork and drop them off and the dog sits at the door and cries,” Jones said.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/pandemic-pu ... ming-rate/
So, tell me then, why can't we feed them to the homeless and prisoners? They've been fattened up by their temporary "owners". Why waste more resources feeding and housing them when they can be put to immediate use as a protein source?
User avatar
Mouth Of Chaos
Posts: 1558
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Has thanked: 1290 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by Mouth Of Chaos »

VerminHex wrote: May 8th, 2021, 9:18 am So, tell me then, why can't we feed them to the homeless and prisoners? They've been fattened up by their temporary "owners". Why waste more resources feeding and housing them when they can be put to immediate use as a protein source?
Image
Communism = Socialism for everyone! ... but not YOU!
Fascism = Socialism for US! ...but not YOU!
The only difference is, ...YOU!
User avatar
Charlie Mike
Posts: 2131
Joined: May 8th, 2021, 6:14 am
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 321 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by Charlie Mike »

I'm tempted to look into an adoption.

One of my dogs is over 15. She doesn't have much time left (though she could last another year or so) and her downhill coast becomes more apparent with each passing day.

I don't want 4 dogs in the house, but if the need is there I can check locally.
I'm not here for peace. I have no interest in it. You had your chance. You will either cease, or it will get worse.
grumpy pickle
Posts: 4165
Joined: August 29th, 2020, 9:23 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Has thanked: 2605 times
Been thanked: 465 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by grumpy pickle »

VerminHex wrote: May 8th, 2021, 9:18 am So, tell me then, why can't we feed them to the homeless and prisoners? They've been fattened up by their temporary "owners". Why waste more resources feeding and housing them when they can be put to immediate use as a protein source?
Are you posting from Communist China ?
Keep going.
VerminHex
Posts: 376
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 5:04 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by VerminHex »

grumpy pickle wrote: May 8th, 2021, 1:54 pm Are you posting from Communist China ?
They're dogs. I don't see why people feel the need to make them suffer in cages while people suffering in cages could survive on them. Homeless people, too. They need cheap food. Skewered mutt is as good as any skewered chicken, I guess.
User avatar
FOIA
Posts: 2773
Joined: August 29th, 2020, 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 152 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by FOIA »

VerminHex wrote: May 8th, 2021, 2:23 pm They're dogs. I don't see why people feel the need to make them suffer in cages while people suffering in cages could survive on them. Homeless people, too. They need cheap food. Skewered mutt is as good as any skewered chicken, I guess.
Dogs are not poultry. Their meat is more like the meat of other hooved animals. But they are just animals. I've had dog soup in a third world county. It's much closer to beef than chicken.
When I die don't let me vote democrat.
VerminHex
Posts: 376
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 5:04 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by VerminHex »

FOIA wrote: May 8th, 2021, 4:27 pm Dogs are not poultry. Their meat is more like the meat of other hooved animals. But they are just animals. I've had dog soup in a third world county. It's much closer to beef than chicken.
I don't want to haggle with you, but I said skewered dog was as good as skewered chicken. Like, spaghetti is as good as wonton. I didn't compare them as noodles, I simply compared their relative tastiness.
User avatar
quad489
Posts: 1710
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 8:45 am
Has thanked: 417 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by quad489 »

LetItGo wrote: May 6th, 2021, 11:16 pm Moms and Mutts Colorado Rescue said people have had a change of schedule and a change of heart. “It’s awful. We watch these dogs come in the front door. Their people fill out all the paperwork and drop them off and the dog sits at the door and cries,” Jones said.
Yep...those people truly do suck the big one. Odds are they are Biden supporters...
...given how so many of them have proven themselves to be quite selfish & greedy.
“Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.” - "Now we have over 120 million dead from COVID" - "When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television..."
grumpy pickle
Posts: 4165
Joined: August 29th, 2020, 9:23 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Has thanked: 2605 times
Been thanked: 465 times

Re: People suck: Pandemic puppies being returned at an alarming rate

Unread post by grumpy pickle »

VerminHex wrote: May 8th, 2021, 2:23 pm They're dogs. I don't see why people feel the need to make them suffer in cages while people suffering in cages could survive on them. Homeless people, too. They need cheap food. Skewered mutt is as good as any skewered chicken, I guess.
:roll:
Keep going.
Post Reply