Governor DeSantis wants all Floridians to get vaccinated.

Moderators: Gamle-ged, currentsitguy, Boadicea

Nero

Governor DeSantis wants all Floridians to get vaccinated.

Unread post by Nero »

DeSantis urges public to get vaccinated: These shots are 'saving lives'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is urging Floridians to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, saying that the shots are “saving lives.”

In a press conference on Wednesday, DeSantis told reporters that 95% of the people being admitted to hospitals in the state due to COVID-19 complications haven’t been vaccinated at all, implying that “vaccines are saving lives,” especially with regard to nursing homes.

“If you look at the people that are being admitted to hospitals …. over 95% of them are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all,” DeSantis said. “These vaccines are saving lives. They are reducing mortality.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ving-lives
realclearpolitics.com: Biden Job Approval: (6/19-7/22)--52.5% Approve/43.5% Disapprove
TheMaskedDUer

Re: Governor DeSantis wants all Floridians to get vaccinated.

Unread post by TheMaskedDUer »

Nero wrote: July 21st, 2021, 8:20 pm DeSantis urges public to get vaccinated: These shots are 'saving lives'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is urging Floridians to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, saying that the shots are “saving lives.”

In a press conference on Wednesday, DeSantis told reporters that 95% of the people being admitted to hospitals in the state due to COVID-19 complications haven’t been vaccinated at all, implying that “vaccines are saving lives,” especially with regard to nursing homes.

“If you look at the people that are being admitted to hospitals …. over 95% of them are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all,” DeSantis said. “These vaccines are saving lives. They are reducing mortality.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ving-lives
Well, sir. That means I ain’t gonna vote for him for president cuz he’s gonna take my guns away.
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away
posaune

Unread post by posaune »

Who doesn’t
Joe Biden job approval index 7/19/21: -9, 30% strongly approve, 39% strongly disapprove
Rasmussen Reports
TheMaskedDUer

Unread post by TheMaskedDUer »

posaune wrote: July 21st, 2021, 8:39 pmWho doesn’t
Incredible.

Tucker Carlson
Laura Ingraham
Sean Hannity (until a couple of days ago)
At least a half a dozen posters here
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away
posaune

Unread post by posaune »

TheMaskedDUer wrote: July 21st, 2021, 8:42 pm Incredible.

Tucker Carlson
Laura Ingraham
You’re a liar. Show me a quote of one of them saying they don’t want everyone vaccinated. Hannity just said the other night on his show that he thinks everyone should get vaccinated, but believes in the right for people to choose. Lefty lies, all the time lefty lies.
Joe Biden job approval index 7/19/21: -9, 30% strongly approve, 39% strongly disapprove
Rasmussen Reports
posaune

Unread post by posaune »

TheMaskedDUer wrote: July 21st, 2021, 8:42 pm Incredible.

Tucker Carlson
Laura Ingraham
What’s the matter, liar? Can’t find anything?
Rasmussen Reports
Nero

Unread post by Nero »

posaune wrote: July 21st, 2021, 8:46 pm You’re a liar. Show me a quote of one of them saying they don’t want everyone vaccinated. Hannity just said the other night on his show that he thinks everyone should get vaccinated, but believes in the right for people to choose. Lefty lies, all the time lefty lies.
"Tucker Carlson Goes Full Anti-Vax, Says COVID Vaccine Is ‘Eugenics’" (Video at link)
https://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carlson- ... ics-video/

"Laura Ingraham Doubles Down on Anti—Vaccine Claims: 'Experimental Drug'"
Fox News host Laura Ingraham described Covid-19 vaccines as "experimental" while responding to criticism from Democratic Senator Dick Durbin calling her and colleague
https://pressfrom.info/us/news/us/-7747 ... -drug.html
realclearpolitics.com: Biden Job Approval: (6/19-7/22)--52.5% Approve/43.5% Disapprove
VerminHex

Unread post by VerminHex »

Nero wrote: July 21st, 2021, 8:20 pm
You're missing the point. I want everyone to be healthy and happy, but it's not my business to force anyone to eat right and exercise in the public square every morning, or have them undergo untested psychological therapy if they're feeling depressed.

It's a matter of not infringing on liberties, especially when it comes to having experimental biological agents put in your body.

If the vaccine and mask are worth a fuck, it should be enough for you to have them. I'm out.
blue
Site Admin

Unread post by blue »

Nero wrote: July 21st, 2021, 10:02 pm "Tucker Carlson Goes Full Anti-Vax, Says COVID Vaccine Is ‘Eugenics’" (Video at link)

Fox News host Laura Ingraham described Covid-19 vaccines as "experimental" while responding to criticism from Democratic Senator Dick Durbin calling her and colleague
2nd link... Saying it is experimental is not a lie. Also, this...

Ingraham responded to Durbin's comments during her show The Ingraham Angle on Monday night, calling the senator a "windbag" and claiming that "none of this is about the vaccine. This is all about suppressing speech ahead of next year's midterms."

The host also called Durbin a "fossil," and claimed that the campaign to get the U.S. vaccinated is an "anti-democratic, anti-freedom" push of an "experimental drug on Americans against their will — threatening them, threatening to deprive them of basic liberties, if they don't comply."

She's not wrong. She's also an entertainer.

1st link... Tucker is talking about blacks getting vaccines before whites because they were black. NOTHING at all saying he's against vaccines.

Neither one of those said what you suggested they did.

Keep looking.
blue
Site Admin

Unread post by blue »

VerminHex wrote: July 21st, 2021, 10:17 pm You're missing the point. I want everyone to be healthy and happy, but it's not my business to force anyone to eat right and exercise in the public square every morning, or have them undergo untested psychological therapy if they're feeling depressed.

It's a matter of not infringing on liberties, especially when it comes to having experimental biological agents put in your body.

If the vaccine and mask are worth a fuck, it should be enough for you to have them. I'm out.
I swear, if we could put a lot of what you say on t-shirts, the world would be a better place. So much common sense.
blue
Site Admin

Unread post by blue »

posaune wrote: July 21st, 2021, 9:55 pm What’s the matter, liar? Can’t find anything?
He posted a couple of links. Neither supported his claim.
posaune

Unread post by posaune »

Nero wrote: July 21st, 2021, 10:02 pm "Tucker Carlson Goes Full Anti-Vax, Says COVID Vaccine Is ‘Eugenics’" (Video at link)

Sorry, but I don’t see anyone saying that not everyone should get vaccinated.
Rasmussen Reports
Nero

Unread post by Nero »

posaune wrote: July 21st, 2021, 10:38 pm Sorry, but I don’t see anyone saying that not everyone should get vaccinated.
The good news is that in the last couple of days there has been much less skepticism about the effectiveness and safety of COVID vaccines on Fox News.
Yay!
Nero

Unread post by Nero »

blue wrote: July 21st, 2021, 10:23 pm 2nd link... Saying it is experimental is not a lie. Also, this...

Ingraham responded to Durbin's comments during her show The Ingraham Angle on Monday night, calling the senator a "windbag" and claiming that "none of this is about the vaccine. This is all about suppressing speech ahead of next year's midterms."

The host also called Durbin a "fossil," and claimed that the campaign to get the U.S. vaccinated is an "anti-democratic, anti-freedom" push of an "experimental drug on Americans against their will — threatening them, threatening to deprive them of basic liberties, if they don't comply."

She's not wrong. She's also an entertainer.

1st link... Tucker is talking about blacks getting vaccines before whites because they were black. NOTHING at all saying he's against vaccines.

Neither one of those said what you suggested they did.

Keep looking.
I'm completely happy with what I posted. The topic under discussion is whether Fox News has gone as far as Governor DeSantis did and encourage everyone to get vaccinated. I say that Sean Hannity has gone that far but Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson are still vaccine skeptics.
I am happy that there seems to be a more pro-vaccine stance at Fox News over the last few days.

"Vaccines are saving lives’: DeSantis stresses importance of shots as Florida COVID cases spike, criticizes mask mandates.
https://www.wfla.com/community/health/c ... -mandates/
VerminHex

Unread post by VerminHex »

blue wrote: July 21st, 2021, 10:27 pm I swear, if we could put a lot of what you say on t-shirts, the world would be a better place. So much common sense.
:oops: