Immigration and Nationality Act

Moderator: uncledad

Forum rules
This is a heavily moderated forum. Should you see a post that is a one line zinger (not related to topic) or it becomes derailed (offshoots of a related topic are fine) or there is a post simply breaking the TOS, please notify a mod/admin and it will be removed.
Vercingetorix

Re: Immigration and Nationality Act

Unread post by Vercingetorix »

Cornfed wrote: September 21st, 2022, 8:38 am We have allowed illegal immigrant labor to underpin our entire economy. Extracting them would bring our economy to its knees, which is why state and federal leadership (of both political parties) continues to kick the can down the road as there's no easy or politically expedient solutions.
Create a worker visa. Amnesty all of those in the US who are currently to the worker visa. Make it revokable.
Incentivize illegals to follow the rules of the visa. Charge them full rate taxes. Done..
Vercingetorix

uncledad wrote: September 21st, 2022, 8:52 am IMNAL = I'm not a lawyer https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/IMNAL

I've posted about Gov D for some time over the past two years. As he will be the R nomination in 2024 presidential election. I post about him to gauge the reaction he gets from posters like you. I expect you will vote for him in 2024.

As far as Martha's Vinyard and Gov D, perhaps your misconstrued emotional attachment has outweighed your perspective given I've posted repeatedly, I doubt he will be charged.
Of course not...but that isnt really the angle is it. The idea of keeping the accusation alive is to use it in 2024. Kind of the MO of the left these days. Dont run on ideas, run as the lesser of two evils.
Charlie Mike

Unread post by Charlie Mike »

Vercingetorix wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:08 am Create a worker visa. Amnesty all of those in the US who are currently to the worker visa. Make it revokable.
Incentivize illegals to follow the rules of the visa. Charge them full rate taxes. Done..
I'd create 1 year visas for anyone diming-out an illegal.

Lots of bounties would be collected and it would sow distrust in their networks.
Vercingetorix

Charlie Mike wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:16 am I'd create 1 year visas for anyone diming-out an illegal.

Lots of bounties would be collected and it would sow distrust in their networks.
But for what. The problem with eliminating illegals is you squeeze labor and drive up price.

The creation of illegal immigration is one of the more devious creations of the left as they knoe the GOP will support law and order. Neither party considers economics, mostly because it is too complex to explain to their electorate.
Charlie Mike

Vercingetorix wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:22 am But for what. The problem with eliminating illegals is you squeeze labor and drive up price.

The creation of illegal immigration is one of the more devious creations of the left as they knoe the GOP will support law and order. Neither party considers economics, mostly because it is too complex to explain to their electorate.
There's only one safe way in.

It places a premium to ferret out those who will never apply because they will never be eligible for lawful entry, i.e. criminals.
Vercingetorix

Charlie Mike wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:26 am There's only one safe way in.

It places a premium to ferret out those who will never apply because they will never be eligible for lawful entry, i.e. criminals.
They entered illegally because there was no other method of entry. The law states that they have to have a family relationship here. Very few methods of legal entry without family relations.

That was the intent. Restrict labor to push up the wages of unions..
Charlie Mike

Vercingetorix wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:31 am They entered illegally because there was no other method of entry. The law states that they have to have a family relationship here. Very few methods of legal entry without family relations.

That was the intent. Restrict labor to push up the wages of unions..
I'm willing to bet there's a substantial number of people we don't want simply because they are shitty people.
Vercingetorix

Charlie Mike wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:42 am I'm willing to bet there's a substantial number of people we don't want simply because they are shitty people.
Of course, the same condition exists for Americans.

My concern about your solution is the same shit can be used against Americand for other issues.

Dont create control groups for tyrants.
Charlie Mike

Vercingetorix wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:57 am Of course, the same condition exists for Americans.

My concern about your solution is the same shit can be used against Americand for other issues.

Dont create control groups for tyrants.
We already use bounties and turning state's witness against Americans.
Vercingetorix

Charlie Mike wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 10:18 am We already use bounties and turning state's witness against Americans.
Agreed, I am thinking something more sinister like the Cuban system
uncledad

Unread post by uncledad »

Vercingetorix wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 9:14 am Of course not...but that isnt really the angle is it. The idea of keeping the accusation alive is to use it in 2024. Kind of the MO of the left these days. Dont run on ideas, run as the lesser of two evils.
In the uni-party system of R and D there really isn't a choice as they decide who we get to vote for in National elections.

By the time 2024 election season rolls around, Martha's Vinyard will be ancient news.
Vercingetorix

uncledad wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:30 pm In the uni-party system of R and D there really isn't a choice as they decide who we get to vote for in National elections.

By the time 2024 election season rolls around, Martha's Vinyard will be ancient news.
Ancient yes. But so is the Fetterman hunting down a jogger story. Here we are 9 years after having it floated as campaign rhetoric.

For the very reason you mentioned. I focus on state and local. Hence my dislike of decision making flowing to The US Congress.
uncledad

Unread post by uncledad »

Vercingetorix wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:36 pm Ancient yes. But so is the Fetterman hunting down a jogger story. Here we are 9 years after having it floated as campaign rhetoric.

For the very reason you mentioned. I focus on state and local. Hence my dislike of decision making flowing to The US Congress.
Agreed.